Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player ReviewCheck out on Amazon
Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player is a modern turntable that’s outfitted with a heavy base, an automatic tonearm, a moving magnet cartridge with a removable headshell, a 5mm thick turntable sheet, and the DC motor with a belt drive system.
You can enjoy your vinyl records at two selectable speeds (33 1/3 or 45 rotations per minute) without having to fret about them being damaged or pierced – the automatic tonearm has precise bearings that balance it between the record groove in a very accurate manner.
Considering the price, Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player belongs to the bottom border of the expensive price point category. The price is definitely steep, sure, but there are record players that are way more expensive.
Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player Design
Being a modern record player, Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog turntable has a straightforward design – it features a record platter, a turntable tonearm with cartridge, and a record player dust cover. Apart from the dust cover (which is removable), the other parts are also considered to be the “features” of this turntable.
The full dimensions of Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player are 17.1” by 15” by 4.8”. It’s quite small when compared to Music Box turntables, and it weighs only 12.1 pounds (we will discuss the “lightweight” quality at a later point).
It’s important to mention Denon’s DP300F plinth (base) construction, as it has been designed in a very special way – the manufacturer has made it heavier on purpose, mainly to reduce the vibration and increase the overall performance of this record player.
As for the aesthetics, this record player is attractive mainly because it’s “black & simple”. There are no outstanding features that would catch your eye in any way, so if you’re a person who likes to keep it simple, you might want to consider Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player.
The design rating of Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player is 8/10.
- A plain and straightforward construction – apart from the dust cover and plinth, there aren’t any outstanding features;
- The elegant black design – this record player comes in the elegant black color;
- A durable plinth – the base construction of Denon’s DP 300F is made from high-quality materials;
- The outward appearance of this record player is quite basic;
- Most modern turntables resemble this pattern;
Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player Features
This record player comes with a heavy plinth construction, an automatic tonearm with a removable headshell (with a moving magnet cartridge), the automatic start-up function, the manual lifter mechanism. It also includes the built-in phono equalizer, a DC motor, a belt-driven method of operation, and more.
- A heavy plinth construction
The plinth of Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player was purposely made to be heavier so that the vibrations were kept to a bare minimum.
- An automatic tonearm with the removable headshell
The automatic tonearm comes with the removable headshell so that you can replace the cartridge in a very simple way. The headshell mount is standard, and it accepts cartridges that are 5-10 grams heavy. You can easily balance or mount any cartridge that isn’t heavier than 10 grams.
- The automatic startup function
A simple button press will initiate the startup sequence, and the tonearm will return to the armrest nice and slow in order to avoid unnecessary damage to your records. It’s quite simple, actually – simply press the button when you want to turn the record player on or off.
- The manual lifter mechanism
- The phono equalizer
The phono equalizer allows you to connect Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player to any integrated amp and receivers that doesn’t have a phono input on their own.
- A DC motor with the belt drive
The rating of Denon’s DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player features is 9/10
- A set of premium-quality features;
- Durable, easy to use, and reliable;
- Some features are unique and extremely valuable (such as manual lifter mechanism, for example);
- Overly simplified;
Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player Performance
The performance of this record player is, plainly speaking, great. It’s one of the best-sounding turntables in the price range, and all of the credit goes to the plinth construction and the DC motor. These premium-quality features supply a constant amount of power, so it’s safe to say that Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player is extremely reliable and powerful.
- Audio output
As we’ve mentioned earlier, the DC belt driven motor provides the accurate and powerful full-spectrum audio. This turntable is definitely one of the best-sounding ones for the cash.
- Belt driven/Automatic method of operation
The DC motor operates on belt drive while the record player itself is automatic. It’s quite confusing, especially since record players are usually either belt-driven or automatic.
- Two selectable speeds
You can playback your records at two selectable speeds (33 1/3 or 45 rotations per minute).
- Portability and compactness
Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player weighs 12.1 pounds and it’s pretty small altogether. You won’t have with storage, that’s for sure.
- The connectivity
This turntable comes supplied with a phono equalizer that lets you connect this record player to any amp or receiver (if they don’t have a phono input on their own, that is).
The performance rating of Denon’s DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player is 9/10
- Absolutely amazing sound;
- A powerful belt-driven DC motor with servo;
- Lightweight and compact;
- Easy connectivity;
- Doesn’t have the Bluetooth or aux method of connectivity;
This record player is incredibly reliable, and it comes supplied with a set of high-quality features. There are some downfalls, but the manifold of benefits and advantages can easily compensate for that:
The good about Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player:
- Premium features – The Automatic tonearm, a premium-quality moving magnet cartridge, the DC motor with belt drive;
- Unique functions – the manual lifter and phono equalizer are an amazing addition to the features of this record player;
- Extremely durable – it’s made of diecast aluminum in order to provide a flutter-free operation. Definitely built to last;
The bad about Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player:
- Only two selectable speeds – 33 1/3 and 45 rotations per minute. Most record players in this price range can playback vinyl records at 3 selectable speeds;
- A steep price – this record player belongs to the expensive price point category;
- Check out on Amazon
The Final Verdict
Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player might be the best high-end record player. It’s decently versatile, it’s highly durable, and it comes supplied with a set of premium-quality features. Now, it also comes outfitted with some unique features and functions, such as the manual lifter mechanism, for example.
It’s not perfect, that’s for sure – it has its own set of downfalls, but they’re not deal-breakers. If you’re searching for a high-end record player, you won’t make a mistake with Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Record Player.